CSM Undergraduate Research Fellowships
Fall 2022 Call for Applications
The CSM Dean’s office is seeking applications for the Fall 2022 semester Undergraduate Research Fellowships. This fellowship program is generously supported through Oracle and other sponsors. Selected undergraduate students will work with CSM faculty to conduct inquiry-based investigations in all CSM disciplines during the semester. Under this award, $750 will be available to the faculty member in the Fall 2022 semester, to help support the costs of supervising the student’s research activities. These funds may be used towards laboratory supplies or small equipment purchases, student conference participation, or a variety of other purposes which directly support undergraduate research activities.
CSM students applying for this Fellowship need to:
- Identify a potential topic of research and a potential faculty supervisor.
- Demonstrate an excellent academic standing with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Commit to working the equivalent time of 2-3 credits of coursework per semester (as agreed with your research mentor).
- Agree to present a research poster at the CSM Student Success Showcase in (TBD).
- Fellows who have been awarded the fellowship in previous semesters are encouraged to apply but preference will be given to those who have received less than 2 semesters of funding.
- Please fill out the Fall 2022 Undergraduate Research Fellowship online application. Register first, if are a new user, or login if you already have an account.
- Complete applications must include the faculty’s agreement to supervise the research activities. A faculty mentor who has agreed to provide research placement must consent to the agreement and submit a research proposal as well as confidential letter of recommendation through the online application.
- Follow the Application Checklist as a guideline how to complete your application.
- Submit your application for review by Monday, July 11, 2022. Your application will be received only after you click the "Submit Application" button.
- Please direct any questions about the application process to Velina Batchvarov, Student Success Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee will review all complete applications. Award recipients will be notified by Monday, July 25, 2022.