CSM Undergraduate Research Fellowships
Spring 2023 Call for Applications
The CSM Dean’s office is seeking applications for the Spring 2023 semester Undergraduate Research Fellowships. This fellowship program is generously supported through Oracle and other sponsors. Selected undergraduate students will work with CSM faculty to conduct inquiry-based investigations in all CSM disciplines during the semester. Under this award, $750 will be available to the faculty member in the Spring 2023 semester, to help support the costs of supervising the student’s research activities. These funds may be used towards laboratory supplies or small equipment purchases, student conference participation, or a variety of other purposes which directly support undergraduate research activities.
CSM students applying for this Fellowship need to:
- Identify a potential topic of research and a potential faculty supervisor.
- Demonstrate an excellent academic standing with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0.
- Commit to working the equivalent time of 2-3 credits of coursework per semester (as agreed with your research mentor).
- Agree to present a research poster at the CSM Student Success Showcase on May 12, 2023.
- Fellows who have been awarded the fellowship in previous semesters are encouraged to apply but preference will be given to those who have received less than 2 semesters of funding.
- Please fill out the Spring 2023 Undergraduate Research Fellowship online application. Register first, if are a new user, or login if you already have an account.
- Complete applications must include the faculty’s agreement to supervise the research activities. A faculty mentor who has agreed to provide research placement must consent to the agreement and submit a research proposal as well as confidential letter of recommendation through the online application.
- Follow the Application Checklist as a guideline how to complete your application.
- Submit your application for review by January 6, 2023. Your application will be received only after you click the “Submit Application” button.
- Please direct any questions about the application process to Velina Batchvarov, Student Success Programs Coordinator at email@example.com.
A selection committee will review all complete applications. Award recipients will be notified the week of January 23, 2023.