Sanofi Genzyme Undergraduate Research Fellowships
Oracle Undergraduate Research Fellowships
The CSM Dean's office is seeking applications for the Fall 2016 semester Undergraduate Research Fellowships. These two fellowship programs are generously supported through Sanofi Genzyme, and through the Oracle Education Foundation. Selected undergraduate students will work with CSM research groups to conduct inquiry-based investigations in all CSM disciplines during the semester. Research groups hosting a Sanofi Genzyme or Oracle Undergraduate Research Fellow will receive up to $750 per semester to help defray their expenses. These funds may be used towards laboratory supplies or small equipment, conference participation, or a variety of other suitable purposes.
CSM students applying for this Fellowship need to:
- Identify a potential topic of research and a potential research group.
- Demonstrate an excellent academic standing with a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.2.
- Commit to working with a research group the equivalent time of 2-3 credits of coursework per semester.
- Agree to present a research poster at the CSM Student Success Showcase in May 2017.
- Current Sanofi and Oracle Fellows are encouraged to apply but preference will be given to those who have received less than 2 semesters of funding.
- Students who are receiving research stipends or salary support from other CSM/UMass Boston sources may apply, though selection will favor highly qualified candidates with no other current support.
- Please fill out the Fall 2016 Undergraduate Research Fellowship online application. Register if you do not already have an account. Complete applications must include a research group placement agreement. A faculty mentor who has agreed to provide research placement must submit the agreement through the online application. Faculty who are submitting a progress note on a current Fellow will be able to add that information to the agreement.
- Your application will be received only after you click the “Submit Application” button. Remember to submit your application for review by May 15, 2016.
- Please direct any questions about the application process to Velina Batchvarov, Student Success Programs Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org, Wheatley, 3-28, 617.287.3283.
A selection committee will review all complete applications. Award recipients will be notified by June 1, 2016.
|Secure CSM Research Group Placement
||Apr 12 - May 1, 2016
|Submit an Application
||May 15, 2016
|CSM Awards Committee Review Applications
||May 31, 2016
|Fall 2016 Award Recipients Announced
||Jun 1, 2016
|Fellows Complete Fellow Survey
||Dec 15, 2016
|Fellows Present a Poster at CSM Showcase in mid-May, 2017